Did You Know That Chocolate Can Kill Your Cat?
Halloween is almost upon us. The decorations are up, everyone is working on costumes, and trick-or-treating is right around the corner. Even if you don’t have kids, Halloween can be a lot of fun.
And there’s chocolate. If you are like me, you love chocolate. In fact, I personally think the real purpose for Halloween is to celebrate the joys of chocolate (Valentine’s Day, too). Maybe this year I’ll dress up as a giant Hershey’s Kiss.
But I digress.
Halloween means we here at Chez Tamstercat have chocolate in the house… you know, strictly because it’s a social obligation. Ahem.
Sadly, as yummy as chocolate is, it can be toxic to our beloved kitties. Our Siamese Gremlin is, shall we say, an aficionado for all foods. That is, he will eat just about anything, including chocolate. So, we have to be extra careful this time of year to make sure he doesn’t get hold of any chocolate.
Do You Know How to Keep Your Furbaby Safe This Halloween?
And this is our friendly reminder to you, our fellow Siamese Cat lovers, that while chocolate might be your ticket to Happytown, we all need to be super careful that our kitties don’t get their paws on any 😉
Here’s what PetMd has to say about it:
If you want more information, check out the rest of PetMd’s article on cats and chocolate by clicking here.
Please tell us what you think in the comments below.